Manu Mineral Perch
A cholla cactus wood perch infused with Manu minerals; an exciting alternative to mineral blocks!
This Manu-cholla perch is a unique and interesting method to provide useful nutrients to your companion parrot. The minerals infused in the cholla are an exact copy of minerals found in the banks of the Manu River in Peru which birds flock from miles around to consume in order to aid digestion and fight against toxins picked up from foraging food.
The hardened minerals provide a variable surface that attracts your parrot's curiosity, and also helps to lengthen the life of the cholla perch base, which all parrots love to chew. To clean the perch soak it in clean water, then brush lightly and rinse it thoroughly before leaving to dry completely before placing back in your parrot's cage.
Guide to the Manu Minerals:
- Calcium- Needed for strong bones, proper muscle function and eggshell production. Min. 18%
- Iron- Carries oxygen in the blood and needed by hens for egg production. Min. 1.8%
- Manganese- Required for metabolism of fats and sugars; improves hatchability. Min. 0.10%
- Potassium- Needed for normal heart and muscle activity. Min. 0.10%
- Zinc- Needed for sexual maturity in males, involved in formation of feathers. Min.0.01%
- Copper- Helps keep blood vessels flexible for good circulation and promotes healing. Min. 0.002%
- Phosphorus- Releases energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Min. 0.20%
- Sodium- Aids protein absorption and maintains ionic strength of body fluids. Min 1.20%
- Magnesium- Activates enzymes for absorptions and transportation of nutrients. Min. 0.85%
- Small = 6" long and approximately 1-1/2" diameter - recommended for Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Parakeets and other similar sized birds.
- Large = 9" long and approximately 2" diameter - recommended for Greys, Amazons, Eclectus and other similar sized birds.
- Extra Large = 12" long and approximately 3" diameter - recommended for Macaws, Cockatoos and other similar sized birds.
Perch Hardware Information:
Each perch has two washers and one wing nut and are zinc plated. If you would like to purchase stainless steel replacements, appropriately sized parts are available in our Stainless Steel Toy Parts category.
Small perches have washers 1.5" in diameter with 1/4" wing nut to fit bolt, and the Large and Extra Large have 2" washers with 3/8" wingnut.