At My Parrot Shop we believe The Parrot University Aviator Harness is the best harness for your bird. Full Stop. Light weight, safe and easy to put on - we personally don't believe harnesses will ever get better than the aviator. Take your parrot out on adventures; a walk at the beach a picnic or to meet people out and about. This remarkable product will help you enhance your parrot's life health and behaviour.
Why is this particular harness so cool?
- The Aviator harness one-piece design eliminates dangerous buckles and clips that distract and injure birds.
- No other harness is as easy to install. Slide harness over the head pull the wings through the harness and pull the lead to tighten the belt to the bird's waist.
- An elastic leash keeps birds from being injured if they fly to the end of the leash suddenly.
- The Aviator has the only self adjusting leash that slides from the chest to the back as the bird climbs and flies.
- The drop proof leash fits tightly around the wrist.
- The Aviator is specially engineered at the collar to keep the strap from sliding towards the wing and annoying your pet
- The Aviator is the only harness designed to allow your bird to safely wear it with food in its crop.
- The lack of extra buckles and clips helps make it lightweight even for the small birds. (Will fit cockatiels as small as 75grams).
- It comes with a fantastic instructional DVD (in addition to paper instructions) that goes into great detail about how to introduce your parrot to the harness and includes live parrot models. The DVD also has lots of extra features.
- Mini: Less than 75 grams: Budgies, Small Parakeets, Love Birds, Parrotlets.
- Petite: 75 - 110 gm Large Budgies Sm. Indian Ringneck Cockatiels Kakarikis Sm. Conures (green cheek brown throat)
- X-Small: 110- 190 gm Quakers Senegal Doves Princess Parrots Indian Ringneck Port Lincoln Rainbow Lories Rosellas Noble macaw Lg. Conures (Sun Jenday Nanday blue crown) Caiques
- Small: 190-450 gm Amazons (Lilac Crown Blue Front) Timneh grey Yellow Collar macaw Sm. Cockatoos (Goffins Corella Major Mitchell Galah Gang Gang Lesser sulfur) Lg. parakeets Chattering lori Alexandrines All Pionus.
- Medium: 450-600 gm Eclectus Med. Macaws (Severe red fronted) Lg. Amazons (double yellow yellow nape) Umbrella Congo Grey.
- Large: 600-1000 gm. Lg. Macaws (Blue & Golds can be L or XL) Sulphur Crested Cockatoo Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo Red Tailed Black Cockatoo Sm. Moluccan.
- X-Large: 1000-1600 gm. Lg. Moluccan Green Winged Macaw Hyacinth.
Please feel free to contact us if you are at all unsure about which size is best for your bird.
Posted by Carmen de Jonge on 9th Aug 2019
Great harness just with the rope was longer
Other than that it is great
Posted by David Ford on 18th Sep 2018
I purchased a second Aviator Harness for my Blue and Gold Macaws as I found them very easy to fit and are a valuable tool to have "Peace of mind" when taking your parrots for a walk. I highly recommend the Aviator Parrot Harness.
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Jan 2018
Harness great idea although not the same that is shown in the dvd. We also ordered the medium which is too big at the moment but Im sure she will grow into it at some point.
Posted by Terence on 21st Apr 2017
This is a marvellous harness which I use to take my cockatiel for her daily walk perched on my shoulder. If startled she will fly for a few metres but thanks to the elastic is not stopped in flight suddenly and is soon back on my shoulder again. Highly recommended.