Foraging Box Feeder
This durable polycarbonate box feeder is suitable for small birds and provides an excellent foraging training solution. When your parrot becks through the food grade cardboard box (no glue) for food and treats, it begins to develop and maintain healthy foraging behaviours. It is important for companion parrots to spend time to build healthy foraging behaviours as it means less time available for peripheral displacement activities and/or other potentially harmful or undesirable behaviours such as feather picking, excessive screeching etc.
It includes two food grade cardboard boxes and works well with a variety of foods including pellets.
Here's Ricey using her box feeder:
Checkout Boo with her Foraging Box Feeder:
How to use:
- Twist the lid off the foraging box feeder
- Slide the chipboard sleeve over the device
- Fill device with food of choice
- Put the foraging box feeder lid back on hang toy
- For beginners utilise the perforated holes to expose food or treat
- Birds must chew through the cardboard box to access the rewards
Refill chipboard sleeves available
7.6cm x 7.6cm x 12.7cm