ABK Pet and Companion Birds
This informative and often amusing introduction to bird keeping appeals not only to the novice or want-to-be bird keeper, but also to the seasoned aviculturist looking for a refresher on the basics. Based on the authors combined 30 years of bird keeping experience, this guide walks you through the process of selecting a bird right for you, caring for that bird, and understanding its behaviour. This 96 page full colour book also guides you through the growing pains of increasing your bird family, including what to do when your birds have gone forth and multiplied. All in all, the authors help you to create a happy and healthy environment so bird keeping will always be pleasurable.
- Pet Care
- Why in Heavens Would Anyone Want a Bird for a Pet?
- Responsibilities! What Responsibilities?
- Making a Natural Selection
- Bringing Your Bird Home
- Bird Keeping
- A Family Affair
- All to do With the Cage
- What's on the Menu?
- Attending to Your Bird's Personal Grooming
- Keeping Bird-fit.
- Behaviour - The Not-So-Secret Language of Birds
- Low Risk Bird Handling
- Did Someone Say I Have a Behavioural Problem?
- Increasing Your Flock
- Aviculturist Responsibilities as a Whole
- Parts of a Typical Parrot.
Authors: Ray Dorge and Gail Sibley
Publisher: ABK Publications